Monday, March 15, 2010

ONE MORE SLEEP!!!!!

Here we are ... the day before departure.  A few things to note.

1.  We will have the chance to attend a "safe" club in Heidelburg on our last night.  You may want to consider packing something for this night, but rest assured that Kov and me will be in jeans!

2.  On night 2 or 3 we have the opportunity to attend a concert at the Sound of Vienna.  This will be an EXTRA cost to students, and by no means must you attend.  I will not be attending, however the Californians and Kov and Herr Roescher will be going.  Here is a link to the website.  Tickets will be about 40 Euros, so it is expensive.  Please rest assured that you will be well taken care of, should you decide to stay at the hotel with me.

3.  We have a surprise planned for the border of Germany and Austria, but should the Californians happen to mention it, I'll introduce it first!  We will be doing a saltmine tour, complete with "magic" lake, a roller coaster into the mine, and a photo op when we all dress up in miners' clothes! 

4.  Weather: looks BEAUTIFUL!!!  anywhere from 0-15 degrees, depending on the day.  I was asked what I was bringing and here are a few things to consider.  Turtlenecks and sweaters for layering, one extra pair of shoes ONLY, and a coat that doubles as a rain coat.  It looks like we're going to have rain on the weekend.

5.  Suitcase:  I'm not joking, but our partnered group has been told to bring a suitcase that is no bigger than 22" (carry-onish size).  Please try to compact your clothes as much as possible.  I fit everything in mine (20"), but am carrying my coat on the plane.

Check back again later today or tomorrow for anything I have forgotten.  Please call your friends if they are not on the blog, or if they do no have internet access at home.

We are so looking forward to seeing you guys tomorrow! 

No comments:

Post a Comment